Fresh start - Under 19 Zone

Wednesday 9 January 2019

Fresh start

Hello World!


After a long break, I've decided to give it another try with my junior cycling blog. You may notice a new logo and blog theme as well. In recent months I have struggled with time and motivation to work on it. My real life responsibilities have been more and more time consuming, especially with a new job position and my two year old boy who is about to start riding bike by his own :)

I have always tried to keep a high quality of each article that is published here. I have never aimed to own a news site with "news" based on copy/paste of other people's work. Tweets and retweets sounds more reasonable for this kind of activity but I don't expect to be fast with any news related to juniors, I simply have no time to do that right now, sorry! Same goes with live tickers. I'm worried that I won't have enough time to provide you a live updates from the race more then once or twice per year (Paris Roubaix and World Championships sounds reasonable). Luckily, other sites are looking more and more interested in junior racing while races itself puts more attention to social media which, in general, provides a better coverage of junior races then few years ago. This of course caused that number of visitors on my blog have never been very high but I had expected it. After all, writing only about junior racing will never be popular, isn't it ? On the other hand, thanks to this blog and Twitter, I had a chance to chat to many people involved into cycling and more importantly, I had a chance to comment junior race in Polish TV which was clearly the biggest achievement so far related to this blog.

Being off for almost a year caused that I have almost completely missed covering Remco Evenepoel's dominance. Of course I have mentioned him, even as an outsider for 2017 Worlds, but that's nothing compared to amount of articles about him in recent months. It's a pity but to be honest, I don't think I could provide you any valuable information about him in recent months considering how limited is my access to riders. After all, I can say that I'm glad we had Remco in junior ranks as it gave a bit more attention to junior racing in general which is always a good news.

Soon I will start with my traditional "riders to watch" topic and from that point I will try to continue with my previews and hopefully there will be time for more activity. There are some ideas but the time will tell if I will be able to write about it.  Also Under19Zone is now on Insta! Don't expect to see my photos or photos of me riding a bike but I have noticed that more and more people like it more then twitter so I decided to try it. If you like it more then Twitter, give me a follow please. If you have managed to read it until this point, give me a shout, write a PM on Twitter or simply comment here. If you have any thoughts about my blog it definitely a good moment to share them with me :) I would be very glad to hear from my readers.

Until next time,
Tom


2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to whatever you have planned! Your Blog was one of my main sources for Junior racing as a big cycling fan back in 14/15.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Glad to hear that, hopefully you will use my blog in 2019 as well :)

      Delete